Observations at a recent national tournament-
1. Why in 40D doubles to you allow such gamesman ship on the first tournament ever rookies? Poor guys playing their first tournament are subject to Penalty hinder begging, racquets in the air when not looking back, double bounce stealing, blatant hindering and other obnoxious behavior. This really does lend itself to growing the game.
2. Still hate the “yeah, in your face dude” celebratory dance. Especially when you just defeated an outmatched junior team 11-10 in the breaker.
3. Referees–stand up! It is a national tournament–you owe it to your fellow players to do a good job.
4. Listening skills–for the first time I do see an attempt to listen on the part of the administrators. I am still skeptical until I see action to go with the listening. Stay tuned.
5. Sort of sad or funny or mixed feelings about all the Ektelon shirts. Reminds me of the Browns fans when Cleveland bolted to Baltimore in the NFL.
6. I have a ton of respect from this author to all the warriors and warriorettes who play this great game. It takes courage to go out there and compete.
7. Lots of expert commentating. Hmmmmmmm–I stay away from the Mic. I am afraid I might spill some secret sauce all over the airwaves!
8. If it were not for the invention of coffee i do think I could coach in these things!