Why I love college racquetball! Every team meeting at ASU, I am fired up-here’s why!
1. No politico–forget politics-these kids love to play!
2. Joy of play-the smiles and laughs are amazing-these kids love to play!
3. Totally Co-ed–50% women–and sometimes more! Puts a “family” type atmosphere and cuts testosterone levels down to manageable!
4. Crazy teams, and crazy levels of play-from novice to pro these kids go!
5. Team atmosphere-teams pulling for each other and cheering teammates on. What is not to love?
6. Mulit-tasking maniacs-the athletes are studying aero-space, nuclear engineering, medicine, and other disciplines, doing field work, interning, and practicing at the wee hours of the morning! What is not to love?
7. Did I mention another generation of racquetball players who love our game?
8, Working with a head coach, Darrin Schenck who is totally devoted to the kids.
What is not to love! Anyone who has a chance should work with college racquetball! (or juniors for that matter) It is the difference of folks my age living in the senior citizen housing vs getting out there with the kids!